Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Stepping out of my comfort zone...

I will admit it. I am most comfortable in front of a sewing machine with a pattern in hand. I also like being able to make mistakes and easily undo them. The seam ripper is my friend.

That being said...I did something completely out of my comfort zone this weekend. I painted a canvas.

I dragged another of my best friends (Megan) to a shop here in Tampa called Painting with a Twist. In this two hour class, a local artist took us step-by-step through recreating the featured artwork.

As with any art class, there were a few rules.
And then it was time to start! Our teacher, Becky, was very patient and kept reminding us to breathe and to not stress about our painting. It wouldn't look completely right until we were done. And she was totally right. 
The finished project was on the left -  Becky was demonstrating each step on the right.

Taking a break about halfway through.
Our finished projects! Mine is on the left.

It was a completely fun class, and I was so happy with my painting - mistakes and all! Megan and I are planning to do another once the Christmas schedule is posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment