Monday, October 3, 2011

Crafting with the kids

I am a nanny, that is what I do full time, and it makes me wonder how people are stay at home moms.
I would neeeeed the time away that going to my full time job gave me.
This is all especially true, after spend two entire days with five children under the age of 8.
I have 3 that I nanny for.
A 10 month old boy, a 6 year old boy, and an 8 year old girl.
Next door is a 4 year old girl, and a 7 year old girl.
Oh how I wanted to rip my hair out by the end of friday.
The one thing I did manage to get everyone to behave calmly during,
CRAFTING!
We prepared this house for Halloween like it was our jobs.



Ellie and I made pumpkins out of coffee canisters
and we decorated the house with Bats that we drew and cut out
Then the 3 of us made the front door into a Frankenstein
which sparked a mass of "what other windows/doors can we put things in"
The entire house is Monsters.




This is Ben and Ellie
And their Frankenstein door


 Ghosts and Vampires!
Pumpkins and monsters

This is how we spent our 2 days off from School last week.
We also went to Powers Farm Market with the girls next door and their Aunt and Cousin
But alas I failed to get pictures, which sucks.
We got to feel the goats and the donkeys
Run through the tee pees, which are decked out on the inside with tons of Jack 'O Lanterns
Eat giant cookies covered in excess amounts of frosting
Get Apple Cider
Have a picnic lunch
And all in all, have some much needed fun and running around time.

Direct quote of the day;
Ellie "I keep feeding the same Donkey he wont go away"
Me "Ellie that is a goat"
This was one of the funnier moments of the day.
Then we all went home and cleaned up our messes, it was proximal to pulling teeth.

But we had lots of fun in those 2 days, and I greatly enjoyed my relaxing Sunday after it.

Hope everyone else has been having a blast!

Much Love
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment