Friday, October 14, 2011

People keep the strangest things

Hi everyone! Heather here.

So I have this terrible obsession that I started partaking in this year.
Estate Sales!
I am an addict.
I would go every day if I could afford to,
who am I kidding,
if I could find one every day I would go anyways
Just to see the weird things people have in their homes.

This week though, I hit the jackpot.
I found awesome stuff,
for ridiculously awesome prices.

And I saw some really weird and creepy things.
I could not take pictures of ALL of it though,
some of it was just too creepy.

First Im going to start with the AMAZING deals I got this week;

1. My new spice rack.
Shelf= $1 at an estate sale
Brackets= $3 at Home Depot
20 Minutes of placing the brackets and attaching to the wall
Totally worth it
This helped me free an entire cupboard for other things,
like Tupperware.
I also learned that we do not need to buy;
parley
paprika
italian seasoning
or oregano
for a long time.


2. This Wine Rack
$12 at THE COOLEST estate sale
It holds 6 bottles of wine
and the glasses.
I thought it was gorgeous,
not to mention how many nice wooden wine racks,
can you buy for $12?
Exactly.


3. At the same Estate Sale
I bought a few books
For a combined total of $5
I feel like I robbed them
Books 2-5 of the Game of Thrones series,
which are at least $17 a piece on their own.
Coincidentally,
I had put the first book on hold at the library,
my mom picked it up for me yesterday
and found a copy of it for 50 cents

I also bought a few necklaces this week, which I plan to spruce up a little bit.
Oh and I bought a couple things for my mom,
I will post those later!

This house was amazing though (where I bought the wine rack and the books).
It just kept going and going and going. Every time you turned a corner it went other places. Huge bedrooms and bathrooms and dressing rooms and libraries and porches and IT NEVER ENDED.
These people must have been real characters too, because who keeps these things?
(Sorry for the blurry pictures)

  Yup its a clown suit.  
Puppets, like hanging on strings. And they were creepy looking!

AND WHY WHY WHY MUST EVERY OLD PERSON HAVE THIS IN THEIR HOME!?
I have now seen it at over a dozen estate sales, all in old people's homes!!! WHYYY!?

Now onto some other AWESOME things I have purchased this year from garage and estate sales;

This is MY FAVORITE! purchase so far.
It even made an appearance in the first few pictures of this post!
$5 at a garage sale. . .
The worlds most comfy chair
It is Epic
And Tom made sooo much fun of me when I bought it
now he also thinks its awesomely comfy

The rest of these are as equally awesome, just not nearly as useful!
My Anchor necklace
I went back the second day for this one
I decided I HAD to have it

I bought this lighter for Tom
I thought it was neat.
He buys lighters at these things all the time,
and it has proven to be a good idea.
We bought 4 for $10 at a sale once,
and 2 of them were worth about $60 a piece,
now if only he would sell them instead of keep them all.

This mirror was awesome
at $10 I could not pass it up.
Only one problem.
I bought it with the hopes of being able to see my outfits when I get dressed every day,
but there is no place to hang it right now where that is possible.
This saturday though,
I plan to rearrange the bedroom
AGAIN!

DISNEY TRIVIA!
nobody will play with me though :-(

Walt Disney's Happiest Songs
Circa 1967!
AWESOMENESS!
We also got winnie the pooh songs from the '60's as well.

The next two items have stories to go along with them.
My friend Geoffrey was in the Military,
and while over seas he started a cigar bar called the Tiki Hut.
This is now what we refer to his back porch as.
Well we helped him put a new couch in the Tiki Hut, and proceeded to break the door in the process.
So there was now a lot of bugs in there.
So I kept talking about how he needed this bug zapper that looks like a Tennis Racket
And then I found one. Within 2 weeks of this conversation.
The Bug Zapper
and Geoffrey

Then its our Tiki Hut artwork,
or my Tiki Hut artwork at least lol.

This light bright artwork took FOREVER
but that is because I have OCD.

But these were both Epic

Wizard of Oz Barbies
Did not buy them
But thought they were awesome

My mom bought these last week at an estate sale.
Mushroom salt and pepper shakers,
I am jealous.

This is a lamp. . .
Yup I had a similar thought.
First of all who bought this to begin with?
Second of all,
who is going to pay $8 for it second hand?


The house these hats were in was also amazing.
It was huge,
and had the coolest layout.
And apparently the owner was a sailor,
because these 2 hats Char and I are wearing
(baby james did not want to keep his on),
were 2 of like 50.


And this is the epicness of my new found obsession. I wish Mary lived here so I could drag her with me. It is sooo much fun. People start to recognize you if you go to enough of them, its hysterical. Oh and if you get there early enough to get a number before it opens, the sight is just ridiculous. People are crazy. Next time I get there that early I should record it all on video.

What are some awesome things you have bought/seen at garage and estate sales?

No comments:

Post a Comment