Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Terrific Pins Tuesday!!

Better late than never I guess!

Haha, today was a little different than my typical Tuesday, so now I am trying to catch up.

Here are your pins for today. . .



 So it took a lot of searching through my pins but I decided on a theme for this week.
Fall outfits,
and the Gorgeous jewelry to go with them.

I wore an outfit like this today

UGH SWEATERS!!
I need more of them!

I love this heart necklace

One of the best sayings ever!!

Love love love this ring.
And that is all for today
xoxo
Heather

Mary here - I had a completely different set of pins in mind yesterday, but I kept getting distracted and never finished my post! Which turned out to be a good thing because when I woke up this morning - I had a new theme in mind - Christmas gift inspiration! With just a little over 3 weeks left until Christmas (eek!), this weekend is completely devoted to completing all Christmas shopping and assembling all the cute pinterest ideas I thought would be easiest. We will see. Also- my office Secret Santa starts next week, so I need to have everything ready!

While my parents were in town for Thanksgiving last week, mom and I went to a craft fair. I had been to this particular craft fair the first year we were in Florida, when I was feeling a bit homesick for cooler weather and my mom and aunt were preparing to go to Christmas Village (link: www.christmasvillage.org). It's basically a Nashville must-do for the holiday season. The fairgrounds are FILLED with craft booths. It's amazing. I was hoping for something along those lines when I went to the craft fair at the Florida fairgrounds. It's not as large a show as the one in TN, but it definitely helped me get into the Christmas spirit - and I found the most adorable Florida ornament. Which brings me to the point of this backstory...the first theme for Secret Santa this year is an ornament. Perfect. I should mention that the temperatures have been in the 80s the past week - and this week we are having a "cold snap"...with temperatures in the high 60s. :)
 
My brother and sister-in-law's anniversary is a couple of days after Christmas, so for this year, I decided to make this "movie gift." I had been talking to Brittany earlier this year about how they never get to go out to the movies because it's just so expensive! Then I found this idea - a movie theater gift card, with snacks! I think we'll include their favorite movie snack and drink in these popcorn boxes I found at amazon!

I think these cookies in a jar are too cute...I just need someone to make them for! Is it still a gift if they have to mix it up themselves and bake it? I would love something like this - but it's hard to judge how other people will feel. I have seen several different versions of this recipe- but this (Via) one is for a pint sized jar and makes 6-8 cookies. Perfect for a couple.

I admit, this recipe (Via) makes something like 120 pieces of fudge so my primary purpose in making this might be to make fudge for us. Because you have to taste test these things...right? 

I love the smells of Christmas - Christmas trees, baking cookies, and potpourri! And how great would it be if you just had to empty the contents of this jar (Via) onto your stovetop and add water?!

Christmas is seriously my favorite time of the year. Can't wait to get all these ideas going this weekend! Plus Santa will be doing some wrapping so my sneaking husband won't find his presents...

Happy Holidays! ~Mary

1 comment:

  1. that diamond ring is amazing!

    xx
    alyssa
    http://wereaucourant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete