Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Terrific Pins Tuesday!!

Hi ya'll, Heather here. It is Tuesday once again, so we all know what that means. . . .

That Mary and I are slackers because our posting has become rather scarce. But other than that. . .

It is in fact time for 
Terrifin Pins Tuesdays


Mary emailed me her Pins LAST NIGHT!! As of right now I still have no idea what I want to pick. So therefore, she has finally beaten me to the punch, and hers are coming FIRST!!! YAY! haha. She'll be excited.

Hello all! I spent the weekend in East Tennessee and got a little taste of fall. Just for reference, the high tomorrow is 82 while the high this past weekend in Knoxville was in the 60s. It was wonderful. Unfortunately, this taste of cooler weather has made me more ready for Christmas! I have a "no Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving" rule that I am having a hard time abiding by this year! However, I do not have a "no Christmas pins until after Thanksgiving" rule...so I present to you 5 of my favorite Christmas pins from this past week!

First up are two decorations I love!


I love how simple it is to make this custom canvas. We have absolutely no wall space for any more pictures - I have far too many cross-stitch Christmas patterns, but when we move into a house we should have plenty of room...right?!

 
This centerpiece is also simple to make - a mason jar, greenery, handful of cranberries, and floating candle. But it's so colorful - and I love candles.

This week I have also been obsessed with Red Velvet.


 Red velvet pancakes - I'm imagining a Christmas morning tradition with our kids. What says Christmas more than red pancakes?!

And finally, I leave you with a Christmas gift idea-

Christmas stove top potpourri! We've used a similar recipe and the apartment smelled amazing for hours!

That's it for this week! 
~Mary

I wish I loved Christmas as much as Mary. It is growing on me more and more every year though now that I am not the kid getting shuffled between the two parents every other year. Mary's future children will never have to be those kids though, I LOVE HER AND DARREN! haha, they will make wonderful parents!

This is the part where I tell Mary to HURRY UP and have babies so I can be the auntie that spoils them relentlessly!

But moving on :-D

Here are my pins!

Since Mary's entire collection was Christmas, I decided to mostly stick with a Holiday theme!!

I however, am starting with Thanksgiving!!

 Via Babble and Pinterest!

How cute is that pie!? I want to make an apple pie and top it like that. My grandmother used to bake ALL the time for EVERY holiday. She has since decided she has other things to do, like be retired and all haha. She was banned from hosting Thanksgiving dinner after the year she bought the premade boxed dinner from Wegmans.


My job around Thanksgiving and Christmas is to make Pumpkin Bread. This year I may do something different though, especially because these cookies look amazingly delicious!

And now, on to Christmas. . .


These are adorable. Best of all, the kids I nanny for would LOVE them. Except I need to find something other than peanut butter cups to put on top, hmm maybe rolos? Little Miss E is allergic to peanut butter.


I love these stockings. So cute, so personal, so functional! Cannot wait to make them!
That Martha is a crafty bitch.

And last but not least.
While I got almost nothing done in the past week beyond working, working, working and cooking, I did manage to fit at least one small project in yesterday.

Via Jo Jo and  Pinterest!

And it did in fact come from Pinterest!
I made this.
It does not look this nice.


But it did come out cute.
At least for what I had to work with.
And it is plenty functional!

And that is all for today.
Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

xoxo Heather

3 comments:

  1. I adore the canvas and I happen to have one just laying around! Great pins!

    honeyandnutmeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. red velvet hot chocolate, are you kidding me?! i couldn't get over the rest of your pins once i saw that one! i have to try it!

    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete