Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Terrific Pins Tuesday!!

Hey ya'll its TUESDAY AGAIN!


And once again Mary beat me to picking out her pins for this week. I have been soooo busy it has been insane. Plus she has the pleasure of being able to sit at home monday evening and pick them while I am either in class attempting to further my teaching education, or doing just that, teaching teenagers the finer points of EMS. Which is where I was last night, teaching, while sick. . .Oh well such is life! I am literally picking mine while writing this!
But on with it shall we!

Mary here. Last week I was all about Christmas pins - but this week, I've decided to focus on Thanksgiving! We have probably 8 containers of Christmas decorations, not to mention everything that doesn't fit in containers (like wreaths, rugs, etc.)...there's a lot. And we have a tiny apartment. But for all the Christmas decorations we have, I think we currently own like 2 Thanksgiving things: turkey candle holders and a cross-stitched picture.

It's rather underwelming.

But with the obsession with pinterest, I figured I could work on improving our woefully inadequate decorations!

Every Thanksgiving, we make a pumpkin pie that only my dad eats and a chocolate pie that everyone eats. At the risk of bucking tradition, I thought we might try a new "pie": pumpkin pie cheesecake.
I have followed Eighteen25 for almost a full year - I was referred to their site right about the time they started posting their subway art. And now, a year later, I am just getting around to printing them out! I have the order submitted - so all I need now is a frame. Clearly, a Michael's trip is needed this weekend!  


Another subway art inspired decoration. I probably won't get this made this year (plus our table is made for only 4...I'd rather wait until we have a larger dining room table if I'm going to put this much work into a decoration!), but it's just so rustic and fall and PERFECT for Thanksgiving.  

 I nearly squealed when I saw this hairbow. 
I MUST have a little girl to put this precious bow in her hair. 

Again, no need to make this onesie this year, but definitely inspiration for the future. There is no tutorial this time, but I'm thinking it wouldn't be too difficult to make. (famous last words)
My parents are heading down this weekend and we have lots planned (besides Thanksgiving, of course!) We have sewing projects...black Friday shopping...a half marathon.

Wait. What?!

Yup. Darren, my dad, and I are all running a half marathon 3 days after Thanksgiving. Are we crazy? Probably. :)

Until next week! ~Mary

And once again I am sitting here wondering when the hell Mary is going to bless me with Nieces and Nephews!!

Ok so I was having a hard time decided what to pick. . . And then I realized I have a HUGE decision to make this week. 


Baby J is turning 1 on Thursday. . . .Party is on Saturday. . . I have been tasked with making his cake!

I dont know whether to make a cake, cupcakes, cake balls/pops, a combination, rice crispy treats!!?? SO MANY OPTIONS!! So this weeks post is going to lay a few of them out on the table and then I guess I will have to decide.

Candy Land Themed Cake!!
The themed cake is always an option.
For B's 6th Birthday, 
I made him a mini golf themed cake!


Then there is always the Cake pop or cake ball idea.
B is very into the cake balls.
I took him to starbucks over the spring and got him a cake pop.
Best thing since baked pretzels!


There is also the cake/cake ball combo.
Oh and the option of a fall theme for the cake.

And there are themed cupcakes.
Im not sure I have these kids of skills.
But its possible.


And last but not least.
Rice Crispy Treats!
B's cake had a giant golf ball made from them on his.


SO MANY OPTIONS!

HELP!

Until next time
xoxo
-Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment