Monday, November 21, 2011

Birthday Cakes!

So I was tasked with making Baby J's first birthday cake.

Instead of doing one big baby themed cake I split it up.
I did a fall themed cake,
and a personal little cake for J to bust into.
The little one was supposed to be cookie monster, which it looks like,
it was just bigger than it probably should have been and kinda looks deranged.
haha

But here it is.

E and B are very partial to Funfetti
So I used it.
B says he likes it better than my home made cake.
Kids!


For B's birthday there was an entire oreo layer.
So we used these for filling this time.

Layer 1 was orange

Layer 2 was red!!


I made Big messes

Very very big messes

Fondant!

I was going to swirl them together for the top of the cake.
But


They mixed together instead.
At least they made a nice brown color instead of poop brown.

Cookie monster!

I didn't have enough room for birthday.
Next time. . bigger cake

Starting my tree

Home made chocolate frosting for the tree. .
Super easy AND delicious

Like I said. 
He kinda looks deranged.

Finished CAKE!
3 days of hard work and a little bit of screaming and crying later. (I was not crying)
Friday the kids had a half day,
So I had 4 of them here while doing this.
Yes I was doing quite a bit of yelling.
Oh well.

The day ended well.

I went home and had a few beers.
Fixed the toilet
And went to bed.

Exciting huh? haha

Xoxo
Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment