Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Crazy Catholics and Italian Talkers

So I dragged Thomas to my cousins wedding over the weekend.

My family is Roman Catholic. . . It was the longest wedding of the century.
Im pretty sure it was longer than the Royal Wedding.

Oh yes.

There ceremony itself managed to span across almost an entire 2 hours.

Dont worry Mary, my wedding will NEVER be that long, nor will it be catholic.

I also did not realize until it was too late that my camera was going to be stupid.
I fixed it today.
But not all of the pictures came out as nice I would have liked them to.

But here is a photo overview!

My cousin Christie walking down the isle with her daddy


 This priest would not shut up. . 
I'm pretty sure he extended it like 30 minutes with random crap.
None of it made any sense to me.

The Italian American Community Center
A friend of mine had her reception here last year.
Delicious food!

The first dance.
Oh and the center pieces lol

This is where they practiced, an opening dance.
Oh yes. . . 
Bride
Groom
Wedding Party
Parents
Grandparents
did an opening dance that even included. . . 
wait for it
wait for it
The Superman
Yes as in the rap song.
I nearly peed myself.

CAKE!
Can you tell Christie's favorite color is pink?
Didn't think so.


Thomas looks soooo good dressed up :-D
He was so excited that I told him he was allowed to wear his boots.

So yes, this was my saturday. The entire day. Ceremony from 1-3ish. . .reception started at 5:30 for coctail hour. . . then we went into the room and sat down at 6:30, listened to not 2 but 5 speeches, and started eating dinner at 8:30!!

So yeah.

Maybe one day I will get to stop adding to my dress collection and finally be a bride.
That would be nice.

Oh wait I forgot the best picture.

Tom and my cousin Gina camped out at the bar
They got a little disgruntled that the bar tenders said no shots.
So they got creative and ordered a drink on the rocks, with straws.
Yup Straws.

Then they did their "shot"
It was rather amusing.


And that is what I leave you all with for now!

xoxo
Heather

2 comments:

  1. How fun!!! Everything looked beautiful-
    i love that cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was gorgeous! A little too much pink for Tom but oh well ;-)

    I didn't even get to try the cake lol, but my grandma said it was delicious.

    ReplyDelete